IEEE ISTAS, the annual flagship Conference of the IEEE Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSIT), is being convened in Trivandrum, India, for 2016. The Symposium, hosted by IEEE Kerala Section, will bring together engineers, technologists, development activists, policy makers, NGOs, researchers, social scientists, and students to discuss social and societal implications of emerging technologies. The theme of the Conference reflects developments such as Internet of Things, Mobile Telephony and similar technologies and the diverse kinds of their impact. The Conference is supported by IEEE SIGHT and Internet Society.
Related IEEE Conferences
ISTAS 2016 is part of a group of IEEE Conferences held around the theme of humanitarian technologies. Others in this include:
- IEEE Global Humanitarian Technologies Conference (IEEE GHTC 2016), October 13-16, http://www.ieeeghtc.org,
- IST-Africa, Durban, South Africa, May 10-13, http://www.ist-africa.org/Conference2016/
- ARGENCOM, Buenos Aires, Argentina, June 15-17, http:// sites.ieee.org/argencon/en
- R10 HTC conference, 21-23 December, http://www.ieeehtc2016.com/
- Fourth Annual IEEE Conference on Technologies for Sustainability (SusTech 2016), 9-11 October 2016, Phoenix, Arizona, USA, http://sites.ieee.org/sustech/